FW: gpg-agent connection errors

Ángel angel at pgp.16bits.net
Fri May 22 03:18:40 CEST 2020

On 2020-05-20 at 18:22 +0000, Kent A. Larsen wrote:
> I've adding logging to our gpg-agent.conf file, and when these errors
> occur the gpg-agent log file has the following error:
> 2020-05-18 09:36:07 gpg-agent[3800] error binding socket to '\\Neofs1
> \Userapps\Apps\GnuPG\Keys\S.gpg-agent': Unknown error
> Have had three of these just this week already.
> What could be causing this, and what can we do to prevent it?
> Thanks.

Is the program installed on a remote server?

I would place the gpg-agent socket on a local filesystem. I don't know
how this AF_UNIX socket is actually implemented on Gpg4win (as a named
pipe, perhaps?), but your issues might be related to having it on a
network filesystem (I'm surprised it works, actually).

Cheers