MacOSX help - beginner installation, first time

Cyrus Segura cyrus.segura at gmail.com
Sat May 23 09:42:15 CEST 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm new to GnuPG. I'm trying to install it for MacOSX, and I have a
beginner's question.

***Do I need to verify more information about the validity of GnuPG if:

1.) The SHA-256 checksum on my Mac's Terminal matches the one on
SourceForge where the Mac installer (.dmg) file is?

2.) The Mac installer (.dmg) and the Mac signature for the installer
(.dmg.sig) are both verified on my Mac's separate program "GPG Suite" (made
by "https://gpgtools.org/")?

***The files in question are "GnuPG-2.2.20.dmg", "GnuPG-2.2.20.dmg.sig",
and "Enigmail_public_key.asc". The link for the Mac downloads is "
https://sourceforge.net/p/gpgosx/docu/Download/"

Thank you very much for your time!

Cyrus