Certified OpenPGP-encryption after release of Thunderbird 78

karel-v_g at tutanota.com karel-v_g at tutanota.com
Wed May 27 12:48:09 CEST 2020

Hello!

>I just checked the BSI's list of certified products. Gpg4Win andGpg4KDE are currently listed until >2022-06-30, and you can continueusing them. Thunderbird and Enigmail are not included in that list,so >you are apparently using your own software mix anyway.

Indeed, the only certified component of my mix is GPG4Win, while Enigmail and Thunderbird aren't. But I had checked that before I implemented that combination: the authorities said that only the part of the software that handles the encryption process needs to be certified while the used mail-client and plugins only need to meet general security requirements (TLS-Connections, latest patch-level, ...).

Aside from advising to use BSI-certified products the authorities are not of any help unfortunately...

So, to be a bit more precise: is there any mailclient working directly with GPG4win or other certified OpenPGP-solution aside from Outlook or copy and paste with Thunderbird 78ff?

Thanks!
Karel