Thunderbird / Enigmail / Autocrypt

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Nov 21 19:02:33 CET 2020

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 10:23, Daniel Bossert said:

> How secure is it to use Thundebrird with Autocrypt? I use Sylpheed at
> the moment, but it is not that comfortable to use as Thunderbird.

Checkout Claws-mail which was forked from Sylpheed many years ago.  The
OpenPGP and S/MIME integration of both was initially done by me but many
others improved it at lot.  Claws is like Thunderbird cross-platform.

The current TB OpenPGP support is pretty basic after they removed
Enigmail.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner