Five volunteers needed (EU only please)

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 19:46:53 CET 2020

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 1:13 PM Dirk Gottschalk via Gnupg-users
<gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:

> Hello Stefan.

Hi Dirk (long time not seen you!),

[...]

> For this test I would suggest to not use NFC stickers or anything like
> that. I would suggest using plastic cards with embedded NFC Tags.
>
> The reason for my suggestion. I'm working at a company which creates
> and sells solutions for european transportation and logistics
> companies. We use NFC tags for a drivers license check. These are
> stickers on the drivers license card to check if it is available.
> Removing them from the card destroys them. We now had multiple times
> the problem that those stickers were dead on arrival. We did a fw tests
> ans saw that the problem occurs only after the tags were on the postal
> way. Perhaps some strong magnetic fields in the postal systems, or
> anything like that.
>
> Now as we send and receive those tags in boxes, we didn't have Problems
> anymore.
>
> Cards never had this problem, as far as I can tell.
>
> The Tags should have enough memory to take encrypted messages. I think
> at least 12k. The more memory, the longer can the message be.
>
> Another benefit of using plastic cards instead of sticker tags is: They
> are reusable.

Thanks, I am aware of these cards, but wanted for my tests to avoid
higher costs and I only wanted to see if the postcards and tags
arrived in proper condition.

Should I use cards in the future then I would also use security envelopes.

Best regards
Stefan