Changing compression configuration

Karmanyaah Malhotra karmanyaahm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 07:00:01 CET 2020

I'm wondering if it would be possibly to somehow use something like
(pbzip2)[https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/pbzip2/]
instead of just regular bzip2 when compressing files. I'm not sure if
this would work with how GnuPG is designed, but it would be nice if
compression could be multi-threaded since using one thread is the
bottleneck in my system when using GPG with large files (backups so 100s
GBs).

I have tested that encryption can be sped up by disabling compression
but that would increase storage usage. (or using another algorithm, but
ZLIB and ZIP are both CPU bottlenecked).

Thanks,
Karmanyaah Malhotra
--
Contact me at https://karmanyaah.malhotra.cc/contact/