Mobile mini computers for GnuPG/OpenPGP usage instead of smartphone usage

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 08:59:40 CET 2020

Hi all,

some of you may remember the recent thread from me about OpenPGP usage
with smartphones. Since I sold my Android smartphone a while ago I thought
why not look for other mobile devices, which are smaller than regular notebooks
and which are maybe better suited (for me) than pure Linux smartphones.

This would also have the advantage that one can use his preferred MUA
instead of the once available for Android/iOS.

After googling a bit I found these IMHO super mini PCs, which looked very
attractive to me and I purchased one (should be delivered in a couple of days).

https://www.gpd.hk/gpdmicropc

and for fans of MacBook designs:

https://www.gpd.hk/gpdpocket2

Hope you find this info useful!

P.S. I purchased the GPD MicroPC with Ubuntu Mate instead of Microsoft Windows.

P.P.S. These little computers are mostly sold out when looking around, but I had
luck to find a German reseller who still has some in stock.

Regards
Stefan