Five volunteers needed (EU only please)

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Mon Oct 5 20:06:34 CEST 2020

john doe wrote:

> On 10/5/2020 6:17 PM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> >> Wouldn't using NFC chips be counter to this goal? It's extremely easy to
> >> identify the presence of NFC chips, such that an agency could easily
> >> scan entire bags of mail to identify if there are any present.
> >
> > Yes, it is possible. However we have in Germany for example additional postal
> > services (PIN AG) one could use locally and I doubt (while I do not know)
> > that TLAs or LEAs currently require them to collect such data.
> >

> You can't assume that this is also the case for other countries if you
> are looking for EU contributers.

I guess we need to figure it out, so that future generations can learn
from our experiences.

> I must also say that I don't understand how this is related to this list.

Well, this is debatable, but at least it shows GnuPG users, which rely on
IMHO outdated Internet PGP tutorials that there are other forms of GnuPG
communications available, besides classical email usage and it strengthens
the usage of GnuPG, compared to those smartphone crypto Messengers, or S/MIME
email usage etc.

People using GnuPG should appreciated these tips, even if they don't use them.

Regards
Stefan

--
NaClbox: cc5c5f846c661343745772156a7751a5eb34d3e83d84b7d6884e507e105fd675
  The computer helps us to solve problems, we did not have without him.