Five volunteers needed (EU .... Are you sure that this is really advantageous?

Ryan McGinnis ryan at digicana.com
Mon Oct 12 16:08:50 CEST 2020

Probably a bit outside the scope of the list, but in my experience most
users underestimate the risks involved in running their own servers.
Probably not anyone reading a GPG mailing list, but I only mention it
because of the discussion of no-ip and DDNS stuff -- usually only tools
used by non-commercial, non professional entities.  I run into this a
lot with people who buy cheap camera systems for their homes, put it on
the same LAN as everything else in the house,  open up port 80 right
into their NVR, give the default NVR user an easy password, and then
proceed to run that thing for years without ever patching the NVR server.

There are so many IP6 addresses available that everyone in the world
could be given a trillion of them to use and it wouldn't make an
appreciable dent in the total left available.  I suspect in the future
your NAT gateway will live in the cloud and every device will have it's
own static IP.