On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Tue Sep 8 19:03:21 CEST 2020

Ryan McGinnis via Gnupg-users wrote:

> B. The Shadowgate documentary isn’t.  This is Coo-Coo for CocoaPuffs territory.  If you want to believe that stuff that's
> cool, just thought I'd make sure to stick the tinfoil tag on this one since you speak of it like it's a legit thing.
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/18/fact-check-shadowgate-spreads-misinformation-major-events/5601742002/

Well, to be fair, people in Germany, for example, who have seen the German Edition of Shadow Gate may not know that private
contractors exits and what their role is. At least it is now known that they exist.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/private-contractors-play-key-role-in-us-intelligence-work/

The other question which might come up, what is all this IIA and PsyOps stuff, people are talking about.

https://theintercept.com/2015/08/07/psychologists-work-gchq-deception-unit-inflames-debate-among-peers/

Maybe people have also heard of the term Cyber Warfare and wonder if it really exists and what does it do.
Knowing that the below mentioned brigade has a software running called Shadownet.

https://www.army.mil/article/194646/91st_cyber_brigade_activated_as_army_national_guards_first_cyber_brigade

So all in all, whether people think Shadow Gate is a hoax etc. at least it is quite interesting to watch,
because it is well made and should people animate to think more what the future will bring with this hole
commercial Internet crap of today. Thanks to Bill Clinton and Al Gore for 'inventing' the Internet.

Before that 'invention' the Internet was a nice place.

> D: If you really need secure anonymous email, fire up TAILS on a bootable DVD, sign up for a free Protonmail account over
> Tor, use a burner prepaid phone number to authenticate to Protonmail (Protonmail correctly gets worried about Tor signups),
> access Protonmail only over Tor (they have a hidden service).  If that's not good enough to circumvent your adversaries,
> again, you should probably just move up into the remote Alaskan wilderness and live off wild animals and shrubbery for the
> rest of your life and hope the bad men never find you.

People who try to sign-up anonymously with Tor Browser, will face the problem that all (random) user ids are already 'taken',
thus making it impossible to sign up via Tor. Maybe you or others had luck in the past.

Regards
Stefan