private-keys-v1.d and preserve-permissions

Martin Pätzold martin.paetzold at rheinwerk-verlag.de
Thu Sep 10 13:46:12 CEST 2020

 >>> Long shot: does your system support ACLs?
 >>
 >> Using ACL would be possible, but we are reluctant to do so, since it
 >> adds a second permissions layer that is only visible if you actively
 >> look for it.
 >
 > Perhaps I am not understanding this correctly, but wouldn't that be a
 > good thing?

Not from a maintenance perspective. This would be the only exception in
permission handling across all of our platforms and it is not
immediately visible. Six or twelf months from now we may not remember
this exception and may lose a lot of time debugging if we don't look
into the documentation early enough.

Regards,
Martin