Which keyserver

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Sat Sep 19 22:58:51 CEST 2020

> On 19 Sep 2020, at 21:06, Stefan Claas <sac at 300baud.de> wrote:
>
> *With all due respect*, the problems you mention with the SKS protocol is IMHO absolutely solvable with hockeypuck if the author
> implements the same Mailvelope or Hagrid confirmation process for its users

If you have not yet read the mega threads from a year or two back over on the sks mailing list discussing how filtering is incompatible with open synchronisation, I suggest you do so before opining further. I really don’t have the energy to explain it again! ;-) tl;dr: if you don’t have either a central authority or an agreed, future-proof zkp system of verification (itself a Very Hard Problem) then your decentralised network goes split brain at the slightest provocation.

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2018-05/msg00009.html

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2019-02/msg00010.html

I’d also suggest reading DKG’s proposals for what *is* technically possible, as they are pretty comprehensive:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2019-04/msg00002.html

Finally, I would suggest continuing any technical discussions on sks-devel rather than here as we are veering off topic.