Follow-up on L'Affaire Stallman

Jacob Bachmeyer jcb62281 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 23:54:46 CEST 2021

Joel Rees via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Can I ask what new reason to make Stallman a scapegoat has emerged?

The recent round of attacks on Stallman seem to have begun after RMS
returned to the FSF Board.  There is some controversy over the factual
basis for these attacks.  (In other words, there are accusations that
the current accusations against RMS have no basis in fact and are
basically made up.)  There was similar controversy over the events that
led to RMS leaving the FSF Board previously.

Based on what I have seen, some of the accusations are fabricated, some
are RMS's words twisted and taken out of context, and some are
legitimate complaints about Stallman as a person and his past behavior.

That said, this list is supposed to be for discussion of issues related
to the use of GPG, and RMS is not related to that, so this thread really
should be dropped and I am only writing this so that future readers of
the list archive will not be left hanging and thinking that that
question was dodged.

As to your other question, I cannot speak for the motivations of other
people.

-- Jacob