Add masterkey as subkey to new masterkey

Kiara Stankovic kiara.stankovic89 at outlook.com
Sat Apr 10 06:08:51 CEST 2021

Hello gnupg-users,

I want to add my existing master key as a subkey to a new master key.

I have followed the steps at https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/32935/migrating-gpg-master-keys-as-subkeys-to-new-master-key, and I was able to slot in my subkey, as well concatenate it into one file as well, but while importing it (with the latest version of gnupg) I encountered an error - bad signature, realizing that I had to use an old version of gnupg - around 2005, but I did not have access to any such gpg binaries.

Are there any workarounds for this?
Adding a subkey with keygrip also doesnt work, since the new subkey has a different keyid than the original key.

Can someone help me?
--
Kiara Stankovic