A key doesn't get imported from one of the keyservers

Vincent Breitmoser look at my.amazin.horse
Tue Aug 3 11:19:56 CEST 2021

Hi Yuri,

> Is something wrong with the key that resides on keys.openpgp.org? Are
> the keys that are one these 3 keyservers the same?

Unlike the other keyservers, keys.openpgp.org has a [privacy policy] that
doesn't permit distributing email addresses without consent. The key in question
has no verified user ids, and thus can't be imported, it can only be used to
retrieve updates when you already have the key (I should really add a FAQ entry
about this).

Worth mentioning that pool.sks-keyservers.net closed down a few weeks ago
precisely because most keyservers have no privacy policy at all (aka "anything
goes"), which caused too many conflicts with GDPR.

Cheers

 - V

[privacy policy]: https://keys.openpgp.org/about/privacy