Unable to load dll

Eric Y. Lin ericlin at ericyclin.net
Wed Aug 4 19:58:49 CEST 2021

Hi, there

I've built up a win32 application to remotely import a public key to verify a digital signature. Everything works fine in a Windows 10 machine. Yet, as I was trying this win32 app when the gpg4win-3.1.16 was uninstalled, it didn't work. The error message is "Unable to load DLL '.....'" The specified module could not be found. I got the same error message even if I copied the libgpgme.imp and libgpgme-11.dll to be in the same folder as the win32 app.

I've downloaded the depends.exe and found out that there are hundreds of API-MS_WIN dll, and another 50 various other dlls missing for my win32 app.

Has anybody experienced similar thing ? How do I fix this ?

Another small issue is that the remotely listing and importing public key is a very slow process. It usually takes about one minute or so to complete. Is this a normal thing ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Eric