2.3 --list-keys weirdness

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Dec 6 09:33:31 CET 2021

On Montag, 6. Dezember 2021 02:28:07 CET Robert J. Hansen via Gnupg-users
wrote:
> rjh at ripley:~$ gpg -vvvv --list-keys
> gpg: using character set 'utf-8'
> gpg: Note: RFC4880bis features are enabled.
> gpg: key 1DCBDC01B44427C7: accepted as trusted key
> gpg: key 1E7A94D4E87F91D5: accepted as trusted key
> gpg: key A3C418D1C6F3453A: accepted as trusted key

Looks like the output on stdout is missing completely.

> ... No output is ever produced: it just hangs without ever giving a hint
> as to what's going on, what's wrong, or how to fix it.  This is not the
> behavior I expect from a high-verbosity output.  What's going on here?

Doesn't happen here with self-compiled
$ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.3.3-beta6
libgcrypt 1.9.4-beta84

Which version exactly are you using?

Try attaching gdb to see where it hangs.

Regards,
Ingo