recommendation for key servers

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jul 7 19:57:14 CEST 2021

On Wed,  7 Jul 2021 08:30, Daniel Kahn Gillmor said:

> Without a canonical form, we simply can't make such a proposal.

You need to check for the canonical form anway and thus it is easier to
directly sort it.  In case of signature subpackets (if that is one of
your concerns), this if of course not possible and thus this would
require that the specs require a specfic order

> I'm happy for OpenPGP to continue avoiding ASN.1 as much as possible!
> (and a bit bummed that a tiny, mangled bit of ASN.1 has crept in with
> ECC but i guess that's water under the bridge)

Oh, it is already also in PCKS#1.5

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner