Call me crazy, but ...

Стефан Васильев stefan.vasilev at posteo.ru
Wed Jul 14 16:05:50 CEST 2021

Brandon Anderson wrote:
> What exactly stops me, a person wanting to impersonate that user, from
> putting the same QR-Code I got from that public key into my own
> keypair?

Nothing, if you obtained the pub key from a key server! The idea would
be that Alice and Bob, not having a CA, nor WoT signatures, while they
both never met in person, could make a duplicate without the photo-id,
which they always use and upload to key servers etc. and for
verification
purposes the could exchange the pub keys with to photo-id for comparison
of both keys. Once compared they both sign then the pub keys which have
no photo-id.

Regards
Stefan