Call me crazy, but ...

Viktor ageyev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 16:23:42 CEST 2021

It's the same as putting any other public information in public key
certificate. You can put first and last name, email address and even
photo of another person.

In general: unless we have other trusted person to verify that public
key belongs to certain person, we can not ensure key owner identity
before we have some transactions signed with this key.

And we should not only trust person that has verified public key
certificate, we should also know and trust the procedure this person
used to verify public key certificate. And this is very important if
there is a dispute, say about a signed contract.

This was the flaw in pgp's web of trust: verification procedures were
not known.

Best regards,
Viktor Ageyev
CEO, Cryptonomica.net