--search-keys: "gpg: error searching keyserver: No inquire callback in IPC"

Rainer Fiebig jrf at mailbox.org
Sat Jul 31 19:56:34 CEST 2021

Am 31.07.21 um 17:40 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2021 18:36, Andrew Gallagher said:
>
>> If you built gnupg from its default configuration, it does not
>> automatically look in /etc/ssl/certs for CA certificates. You may want
>
> On Unix and unless gnupg was build with --with-default-trust-store-file
> the following collections of certificates are used for TLS:
>
>     { "/etc/ssl/ca-bundle.pem" },
>     { "/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt" },
>     { "/etc/pki/tls/cert.pem" },
>     { "/usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt" },
>     { "/etc/ssl/cert.pem" }

Thanks. None of those files is on my system. So it's probably no wonder
that "--search-keys" didn't work.

Either I messed up big or LFS/BLFS uses a setup for the certificates
that is not what gnupg expects. In the latter case
	--with-default-trust-store-file=/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
may indeed be the way to go for LFS/BLFS systems.

I'll cc this to blfs-support so that the editors can draw their own
conclusions. Or castigate me for being too stupid to follow the
instructions somewhere. ;)