Big curiosity

Michał Górny mgorny at gentoo.org
Sun Jun 13 19:14:22 CEST 2021

On Sun, 2021-06-13 at 14:06 +0000, knighttemplar5--- via Gnupg-users
wrote:
> I have been contemplating subscribing to an email forwarding service that will encrypt all the forwarded mails to me with my public key.
> Lets imagine the country where the forwarding takes place can see all my emails in plain text and at the same time the same emails PGP encrypted, can enough of this data pose a threat to my private key?I mean in theory at list? I just love learning about this stuff but I m not good enough in math to have an informed opinion.

Let me answer from a little different perspective.  Anyone can generate
some piece of text and encrypt it using your public key.  There is
nothing special about encrypting your mails vs encrypting arbitrary
data.  So if that were a problem, access to your mails would be entirely
irrelevant to it.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny