gpg: keyserver receive failed: No name - for gpg --keyserver hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

Malte Gell malte.gell at posteo.de
Fri Jun 25 00:33:49 CEST 2021

Am 25.06.21 um 00:14 schrieb Brandon Anderson via Gnupg-users:

>> The keyserver situation seems a bit difficult currently, maybe
>> https://keys.openpgp.org/ is the best (easiest) workaround for now.
>>
>> But WKD is really worth looking at!
>>

> My understanding is the Ubuntu Key-server is staying up, I could be
> wrong, but https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/ seems to be functioning. It is
> worth noting that the keys.openpgp.org keyserver is not web of trust but
> explicitly trusting that keyserver to validate a person's identity.

I think it´s good to distribute a key thru several channels,
keys.openpgp.org is a good way to establish some trust in a key when
fetching it for the first time. Afterwards you can still get the same
key from a different source with WoT signatures added.

If you have no fountain at all for a key to establish a chain(web) of
trust, keys.openpgp.org is the only way to have some trust in a key. The
WoT works only if you have some fountain for the trust.