BSI - Why PQC for Thunderbird and not gpg4win in the first place?

Стефан Васильев stefan.vasilev at posteo.ru
Tue Jun 29 17:31:43 CEST 2021

Hello Werner and all,

I don't understand why the BSI is looking for Post Quantum Cryptography
support with OpenPGP for Thunderbird and not for the promoted gpg4win,
in the first place?

Text in German language:

https://www.evergabe-online.de/tenderdetails.html?5&id=397181

As understood, Germany recently passed a law to strengthen authorities
to allow the usage of their Government trojan, which tells me that using
gpg4win usage on offline devices would be much much more secure than
using Thunderbird on online devices, with PQC support.

Another thing I do not understand is that the winners of NIST's PQC
round
three are not yet announced and why is the BSI then not waiting?

Any thoughts to share would be very appreciated.

Regards
Stefan