gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=00)

Ángel angel at pgp.16bits.net
Tue Mar 2 23:20:14 CET 2021

On 2021-02-11 at 18:24 +0100, Charles Moulliard via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Hi
>
> We experience a very weird problem when the following command
> is executed on macos using gpg 2.2.27 (installed by homebrew tool).
>
> (...)
>
> Do you know what is the problem ("gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet
> (ctb=00)")and how to fix it ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Charles Moulliard

That secring.gpg file is corrupt.

It's trying to automatically migrate /Users/cmoullia/.jenkins/
workspace/50_ReleaseBOMUpstream/.gnupg/secring.gpg to the new secret
keyring format, but in doing so it is finding a NUL byte (at the
beginning of the file, presumably), where it was expecting a secret
key.

Best regards