gpg: error searching keyserver: Network is unreachable

Christian Ribeaud christian.ribeaud at karakun.com
Sat Mar 6 08:44:20 CET 2021

Good morning,

Desperately searching for hours now…
I am NOT able to run following command:

gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.dcc.sib.swiss:80 --keyserver-options no-self-sigs-only,no-import-clean --search-keys <any-key>

Always getting following output:

gpg: error searching keyserver: No keyserver available
gpg: keyserver search failed: No keyserver available

Changing keyserver does not help. I've tried ipv4.pool.sks-keyservers.net as well.
Because the command takes some time to return, I would assume that it is still trying to do something.

What could be the reason? How to fix it?
I am using v2.2.27, installed via Homebrew (https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/HEAD/Formula/gnupg.rb) on Mac OS X Big Sur.
Any help greatly appreciated here. Thanks a lot, and have a beautiful day,

christian