protected to: and cc: email infos (Re: Protect email experience not Subject:s (hypothesis, draft))

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Mar 12 16:17:51 CET 2021

Am Montag 01 Februar 2021 12:32:03 schrieb Andre Heinecke via Gnupg-users:
> This discussion is very relevant for me because GpgOL is starting to
> include protected-headers mime parts with the next version to transfer To
> and CC information.

Did you write more about the use case somewhere?
My thinkig is: the to: and cc: information would also
be like addressing hints on an envelope (to stay in this picture)
and there could be a usability downgrade if this infos goes into
protected MIME headers for elder implementations.

> Putting the subject into it would be easy but it's more
> of a policy decision if we want to encourage or discourage this.

One main concern I am thinking about is the grade and time frame
of backwards compatibility. One main email advantage is that it is based on
decentral standards, thus people can use diverse old (and stable) clients for
a long time.

Best Regards,
Bernhard