[EXT] Re: gnupg and ssh interaction somehow broken (card reader with pinpad)

Andreas K. Huettel andreas.huettel at ur.de
Wed Mar 17 21:16:06 CET 2021

Am Mittwoch, 17. März 2021, 21:07:16 CET schrieb Andreas K. Huettel:

> I'm pretty sure they didnt have different versions, sorry.
> (I rebooted the machine a few minutes earlier because of a kernel update.)

OK now it's getting very strange.

On a second PC with the same reader hardware model, the same gpg version, and
the same chipcard, things work perfectly fine.

Could this be a hardware defect (i.e., reader was too long in the sun)?

--
PD Dr. Andreas K. Huettel
Institute for Experimental and Applied Physics

tel. +49 151 241 67748 (mobile)
tel. +49 941 943 1618 (office)
fax +49 941 943 3196
e-mail andreas.huettel at ur.de