We shall value email usage

Klaus Ethgen klaus+gnupg at ethgen.ch
Thu Mar 25 12:34:15 CET 2021

Hi,

Am Do den 25. Mär 2021 um 11:51 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> To me the protected headers implementation Thunderbird is a step back,
> as it leads to unnecessary data leaks (subject and cc) to other clients
> with are OpenPGP/MIME compatible.

Well, there is other..

For example, if you start editing a mail with thunderbird and put it to
drafts. Then finishing the edit with mutt. This will leak the following
headers:
- user-agent
- x-mailer
- x-mozilla-draft-info
- x-enigmail-draft-status
- x-account-key
- x-identity-key
- fcc

Even when sending mails just from thunderbird, it leaks at least the
user-agent header.

Currently I configured my MTA to remove that headers for outgoing mails.

Gruß
   Klaus
--
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <Klaus at Ethgen.ch>