GPG slows git commit

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Mar 27 22:01:33 CET 2021

On Freitag, 26. März 2021 15:16:15 CET Erik Reinertsen via Gnupg-users wrote:
> > Moreover, let's time gpg signing without git. Run
> > echo Hello | time gpg --clearsign
>
> gpg --clearsign  0.01s user 0.01s system 0% cpu 6.696 total

I'm not sure that I understand the result. (The time command on my system has
a different output format.) Does the "6.696 total" mean that clearsigning took
almost 7 seconds? gpg didn't ask you for your passphrase, right?

Try putting
  log-file /somewhere/gpg.log
  verbose
  debug ipc,lookup
into ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf

Then make a signed test commit and check the log file.

Regards,
Ingo