recommended way to use several smartcards with the same private key

J Rt jean.rblt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:09:02 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I am using several smartcards with the same private key for redundancy in
case I lose one of them. I have been doing so for several years, and
occasionally changing which card I use has always been a bit of a hazzle
(in the lines of for example the discussion here:
https://sven-seeberg.de/wp/?p=967 ).

This is not a super big deal, I can fix this easily with a method similar
to what is explained on the blog, but still, it is a bit annoying to need
to fix things by hand.

My questions are:

- is there a better / simpler way to register several cards that are
interchangeable?
- if not, any hope this may be added some day / where could I ask for such
a feature / is there some WIP already working on this?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

JRT