Too many open files caused by repeated decryption operations via a GPGME API

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Nov 9 17:30:43 CET 2021

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 16:24, Kazunori Kobayashi said:

> On modern Linux, we can change the maximum number of file descriptors
> per process in some ways. This feature is a well-known way for long
> time operation without reboot in cases such as server machines.

That is a known problem we recently raise the priority of the feature
request https://dev.gnupg.org/T2385 to high.  Thus there is a good
chance that this problem will be solved in the not too distant future.

> https://github.com/gpg/gpgme/blob/gpgme-1.10.0/src/posix-io.c#L673

Please don't refer to github for gnupg; their copy is out of date.  Use
our https://dev.gnupg.org instead.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner