[OT] English [was Re: Key Management - BSI had send private key instead of public key]

Rainer Fiebig jrf at mailbox.org
Thu Nov 18 23:52:49 CET 2021

Am 18.11.21 um 22:21 schrieb Stuart Longland:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 10:48:55 +0100
> Rainer Fiebig via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:
>
>> That's kind of a misconception: as English is a western germanic
>> language it's not that German made its way into English but English is
>> *based* on German.
>
> Ahh true, to the purists, English is not a language… it's a composite
> of German, French, Italian, Spanish… and lots of others.
>
> Some might say English is a "language" that beats up other languages
> and steals their vocabulary.
That seems a bit too harsh to me. As I see it, English is a language
that evolved from its base by integrating useful or chic elements of
those languages that were present over time. A quite natural thing, I
guess. And perhaps one reason why it became so successful.

> It doesn't mean the source language is immediately understandable by
> those that speak its derivative though even if individual words can be
> identified. :-)

Yeah, that's a pity. But at least you have a head start should you ever
decide to go for the real thing. ;)

Cheers and good luck!

Rainer