Cannot decrypt file after clearing cache

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Nov 24 13:46:24 CET 2021

On Mittwoch, 24. November 2021 12:39:15 CET Stephen Jeffrey via Gnupg-users
wrote:
> After entering the
> password it fails. I am using a fresh install of Fedora 35 and gpg2 version
> 2.3.2.
> Why is it failing after I clear the cache?

Because symmetric encryption is broken in version 2.3.2. See
https://dev.gnupg.org/T5577 for details.

Use any other version. Too bad that Fedora 35 seems to have packaged this
version. Please file a bug with them so that they can backport the fix or
update to 2.3.3.

Regards,
Ingo