Using two OpenPGP cards

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Oct 29 21:00:28 CEST 2021

Hello,

For some years I do use an OpenPGP card with GnuPG to encrypt all my
passwords (and other secrets). The passwors are managed with
password-store which is basically a tree of passwords along the web
sites where they're required to login.

I got now a mobile phone device, running Debian, the Purism L5, which
has its own OpenPGP card (until now no set up):

purism at pureos:~$ gpg --card-status
Reader ...........: TTXS serial 00 00
Application ID ...: D27600012401030400050000A6FE0000
Application type .: OpenPGP
Version ..........: 3.4
Manufacturer .....: ZeitControl
Serial number ....: 0000A6FE
Name of cardholder: [not set]
Language prefs ...: de
Salutation .......:
URL of public key : [not set]
Login data .......: [not set]
Signature PIN ....: forced
Key attributes ...: rsa2048 rsa2048 rsa2048
Max. PIN lengths .: 64 64 64
PIN retry counter : 3 0 3
Signature counter : 0
KDF setting ......: off
Signature key ....: [none]
Encryption key....: [none]
Authentication key: [none]
General key info..: [none]

The question here is: Can I somehow transfer the keys from the used
OpenPGP card to this new card (and copy over the tree of encrypted
passwords to the phone) or do I have to move the passwords in clear and
crypt them again with the new card?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
August 13, 1961: Better a wall than a war. And, while the GDR was still existing,