OpenPGP card and gpg-agent TTL

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sat Oct 30 15:50:21 CEST 2021

Hello,

I'm using GnuPG together with an OpenPGP card. When I want to decrypt
something the gpg-agent is via pinentry asking for the PIN to unlock the card.

Normally I don't care about how long the card remains unlocked, because
I just withdraw the USB dongle after the operation. I was thinking that
the gpg-agent.conf entry 'max-cache-ttl' will also expire the unlocked
state of the OpenPGP card, which it does not. How could I do this?

Because in the Purism L5 mobile the OpenPGP card is internally inserted behind
the battery and so I can't remove it that easy :-)

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
August 13, 1961: Better a wall than a war. And, while the GDR was still existing,