Off-topic: standards for embedded signing of digital images?

Oli Kon olikon at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 9 12:43:05 CEST 2021

On 2021-09-08 4:53 p.m., Mark H. Wood via Gnupg-users -
gnupg-users at gnupg.org wrote:
> I didn't know where else to turn, for folks who might be able to point
> me at standards for or discussion of embedding crypto signatures in
> image formats, to detect tampering with the image.

There are no standards that I have ever heard about that would
be specific to ~image~ files; so I would ask this:

Which particular image file type are you interested in (.jpg,
.tiff, .png, .bmp, .psd...) are you interested in, and why is it
not appropriate to simply consider such file as another binary
file that someone needs to digitally sign?