Error messages reconfiguring an OpenPGP smartcard

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Sep 24 12:15:28 CEST 2021

Hi Borden,

Am Samstag 04 September 2021 12:11:34 schrieb Borden via Gnupg-users:
>  Can I get some troubleshooting guidance to understand this output and why
> I cannot generate a new encryption key?

in general, increasing verbosity helps to understand better what is going on.

For most GnuPG command line tools, this means to add "--verbose" or the short
form "-v" to the command line. A second "-v" will give you more data.
Then there is the group of "--debug" options which will give you even more
insights. Check the documentation to see what they actually do.

(And be careful when posting those verbose information, it my contain sensible
parts if higher debug levels are used.)

Regards,
Bernhard