Help with "config.h file not found error" on Gnupg version 1.4.13

Francis Kp franciskp19 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 05:13:51 CEST 2022

First of all, thank you for taking your time to reply to this email. I
tried it using the -l flag. The config file was found in the directory
before that. Below is the command I executed.

$ gcc -I /home/user/Desktop/gnupg-1.4.13
-l/home/user/Desktop/gnupg-1.4.13 mpi-pow.c

Now it's throwing the below error

>In file included from mpi-pow.c:32:
>mpi-internal.h:32:10: fatal error: mpi.h: No such file or directory
>   32 | #include "mpi.h"
>      |          ^~~~~~~
>compilation terminated.

I tried copying the header file mpi.h into the directory gnupg-1.4.13
and compiling the mpi-pow.c program, now the error is like given
below:

>In file included from mpi-internal.h:32,
>                 from mpi-pow.c:32:
>mpi.h:34:10: fatal error: iobuf.h: No such file or directory
>   34 | #include "iobuf.h"

Is there anything wrong with the way I used the -l flag ? If so could
anyone guide me in the right direction?