using OpenPGP card to unlock a LUKS device on boot

Rainer Fiebig jrf at mailbox.org
Wed Apr 6 16:53:44 CEST 2022

Am 06.04.22 um 16:06 schrieb Robert J. Hansen via Gnupg-users:
>> Given recent events: can't you spare us your stupid signature?
>
> Matthias should be, and is, free to advocate for his beliefs in his
> signature.
Just as I am free to comment on a political statement that I find
provocative, blatantly wrong and in the context of current events almost
derisive.

> If we don't stand up for people's right to peacefully say things we
> don't like, we have failed as a community.
Then stand up for *my* right to peacefully say things as well. Or
perhaps just mind your own business.

> I say this as an American who's a fanatical supporter of NATO.  Leave
> the guy alone, and let's get back to discussions about GnuPG.  Thanks.  :)
American or whatever: fanatics are always suspicious to me. Apart from
that: What I do or say is not yours to decide. And I don't need your
advice in this matter. And the OP is probably able to speak for himself.

The signature is a provocative political statement and it therefore has
to be expected and is probably even intended that people react to it.
And so I did. That's all. Like it or not.

Rainer