Use multi-usage key in authentication slot on HW-key for encryption

Felix Mayr felix.mayr at tum.de
Sat Apr 16 18:14:02 CEST 2022

>> If your Yubikey supports PIV then you can store more keys with PIV.
>> You need
>> GnuPG 2.3 for full multi-card and multi-card-app (e.g. OpenPGP _and_ PIV)
>> support.
> That sounds great! Is there any documentation on how to use both the PGP
> and PIV-card simultaneously?

So, it looks like it picks up both automatically and it works seamlessly
- only thing missing now is how to push EEC-P 384 keys onto the device
(so that I can keep a backup, sadly only 2048bit RSA and ECC-P 384 is
supported in the PIV-slots). Still looks very nice for now. I hope the
next email will be signed ;)!

Regards

Felix