Does the PGP public key at https://www.washingtonpost.com/anonymous-news-tips/

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Sat Aug 6 00:49:10 CEST 2022

Il 05 agosto 2022 alle 18:13 Michael Richardson ha scritto:
> Francesco Ariis <fa-ml at ariis.it> wrote:
>     > Il 05 agosto 2022 alle 17:28 Jay Sulzberger via Gnupg-users ha scritto:
>     >> Does the PGP public key at
>     >> https://www.washingtonpost.com/anonymous-news-tips/ work?
>
>     > It gets copied in a weird way (i.e. some characters that should be
>     > newlines are instead spaces); I am not able to import it.
>
> Yeah, the marketing department screwed it up, and should have put <pre> on it.
> It suggests that it has never really been used.

That was what I was thinking. It would be interesting to see how long
the key has been there in such a state.

If the answer is “a long time”, that is quite a field report: it means
signal and whatsapp (!) are more popular options (way more popular
options) than PGP + email for secure communications.