OT: Re: Does the PGP public key at https://www.washingtonpost.com/anonymous-news-tips/

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Sun Aug 7 20:44:18 CEST 2022

> On 7 Aug 2022, at 19:31, john doe via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org> wrote:
>
> Why did you published the key to the sks key servers?
>
> I guess my question is about the reasoning behind using sks key server
> instead of WKD or Hagrid.

WKD publication can only be done by (or with the cooperation of) the domain owner. Publication to keys.openpgp.org should ideally be done by the key owner because they will have to reply to a verification email in order for it to be searchable by email address. If I submitted it there without their knowledge it would only be searchable by fingerprint, which is suboptimal.