How to generate non-bad cv25519 encryption key?

theaetetos at tutanota.com theaetetos at tutanota.com
Tue Aug 23 15:06:22 CEST 2022

Thank you for taking the time to test, Ingo.

Aug 23, 2022, 10:18 by kloecker at kde.org:

> Yes, I'm pretty sure. I followed your steps in a fresh GNUPGHOME and didn't
> see the warning message. I didn't protect the test keys with a passphrase
> though.

The use of passphrase may be responsible.
I tested it on Fedora 36 and FreeBSD 13.1.
Fedora uses GnuPG 2.3.7 and I built the git master branch on FreeBSD.

$ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.3.8-unknown
libgcrypt 1.10.1

In both cases, I get the warning when importing a cv25519 key.
Likewise, when no passphrase is used, there is no warning message.

I haven't tried upgrading libgcrypt to something current; perhaps it could help.

Sincerely,
~Patrizio