Mastodon account, good server?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Dec 1 17:42:47 CET 2022

Hi friends of GnuPG,

seems to be a good time to start an official Mastodon account
for GnuPG and related topics like Gpg4win and OpenPGP.

At least for announcements and some interaction as the interest
is growing for this decentral platform.

Is there an interest here?  Should be do this?

If we do this, a server needs to be select.
I'd probably go and suggest one my initial rough requirements:
 * located in Europe
 * can be volunteeringly paid for
 * some volume / track record to expect a good administration
 * a moderation and contents policy that allows for respectful
   exchange, but is liberal in that commercial Free Software
   topics (and broad other topics) are allowed as well.
 * (optional) Free Software and privacy friendly organisation

Any suggestions matching these?

Best Regards
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter