scd: binary data returned when sending direct APDU

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 22 10:45:45 CET 2022

On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 18:58, Ingo Klöcker said:

> I suppose this is intended behavior (because data is often text and you don't
> want to get that in hex). You may want to use `gpg-connect-agent --hex`.

Yes, that is indeed intended.  D(data) lines may return arbitrary data
with only a few values being %-escaped.  Some commands have options to
return the result as S(status) lines which are then UTF-8.

BTW, in gpg-connect-agent you may also use "/hex" or "/nohex" to enable
hex style dumps of D lines.  Try "/help" for other gpg-connect-agent
commands.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein