lost id on keyserver

Raja Saha raja at rsdisk.com
Thu Feb 10 14:23:31 CET 2022

Hi,

I was following Debian Subkey guide to create and maintain keys/subkeys
https://wiki.debian.org/Subkeys

I had a functional key on the gpg (default) key server for this email
(raja at rsdisk.com).

I renamed ~/.gnupg to ~/.gnupg_hot and created a blank ~/.gnupg. At
this point I didn't use the export command to set the dir, but instead
toggled the names of the ~/.gnupg dir to shift between the two dirs in
gpg.

I created the subkey, output it to a file and imported it to gpg on
working dir. Then I sent the key to the keyserver, gpg --send-keys
*****. After that when I searched the keyserver by my email it, there
was no key. When I searched by my key
F01D54EDAEB1700EBEDE6FC6C0A9DE3BFEFD07E2 (now revoked) it was there.
When I imported it, it didn't have a mail id.

I'm not sure where I made the mistake. I have now made a new
key/subkey, published it.

I would like to know where I went wrong so I know, for in future.

Thanks!