Questions re auto-key-locate

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 17 20:21:02 CET 2022

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 18:03, raf said:

> But maybe it is dead. I don't really need it. My only interest was that

Yes, it is dead.  Except for a minority of users, it is impossible to
easily add new resource records.  However, putting new files on a
webserver is easy.

FWIW, you can build your keys for WKD distribution on your local machine
and then rsync (or whatever you use to upload files) them to the
webserver.

  gpg-wks-client -C . --install-key [FILE|FINGERPRINT USER-ID]

  The command --install-key manually installs a key into a local
  directory (see option -C) reflecting the structure of a WKD.  The
  arguments are a file with the keyblock and the user-id to install.
  If the first argument resembles a fingerprint the key is taken from
  the current keyring; to force the use of a file, prefix the first
  argument with "./".  If no arguments are given the parameters are
  read from stdin; the expected format are lines with the fingerprint
  and the mailbox separated by a space.  The command --remove-key
  removes a key from that directory, its only argument is a user-id

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner