use text pinentry in the console

Fourhundred Thecat 400thecat at gmx.ch
Wed Feb 23 07:05:51 CET 2022

 > On 2022-02-22 18:57, john doe via Gnupg-users wrote:
> On 2/22/2022 5:28 PM, Fourhundred Thecat via Gnupg-users wrote:
>>
>> How can I confugure so that the ncurses (text based) dialog is used
>> instead ?
>>
>> I am using gpg 2.2.12 on Debian 10
>
> On Debian you need to use:
>
> $ update-alternatives --config pinentry

thank you, but changing this globally unfortunately causes problem with
thunderbird/enigmail. I get this error when trying to open encrypted mail:

Your GnuPG installation is configured to use the console for pinentry.
However, when using Enigmail you need a graphical version of pinentry.

This is a system setup or configuration error that prevents Enigmail
from working properly and cannot be fixed automatically.

What I would like to achieve is, that only when I call gog from the
commandline, (gpg -c foo.txt) is the text-based pinentry called

thank you