Install gnupg on Linux machine ( For gpg encryption & decryption )

Christoph Klassen christoph-klassen at mail.de
Tue Jan 4 13:34:53 CET 2022

Hello Rama Rao,

On 04.01.22 04:17, Rayapati Rama Rao (NCS) wrote:

> Could you please let me know which gnupg software to download for
> Linux machine to make use of *gpg encryption & decryption.*
>
> Also, may I know if any packages required to install on Linux prior to
> *gnupg* installation.
>
> If possible could you please provide me the steps to install *gnupg*
> on Linux machine.
>
> Thanks in advance, have a wonderful day.

Which Linux distro are you using? The simplest way would be to install
it from the repositories. For example on Debian or a Debian-based
distro: "apt install gpg". There is a great chance that it is already
installed on your system.

If you want a more recent version of GnuPG you could build it on your
own, but that is not necessary, if you don't need the latest features ;-)

Greetings,

Christoph